HI! So much stuff happened since i last wrote here so i’ll try to make it not all over the place as a i can!
1. First you all know, i work with American McGee on the Alice: Asylum project. i have to say i’m so surprised i actually get to work on something so grand, i REALLY hope i’ll get an actual job overseas from this. Having a stamp that says “This guy worked with EA Games/American McGee” Is a Big Deal!
The dresses were a HIT! now i’m doing other stuff i can’t show you until American publishes them himself. BTW he invited me to go sailing with him in Thailand, like i have the money to pack up and leave, still a sweet offer!
2. I’m making new girls! AND i’m exhibiting the dolls again in the same place i exhibited several years ago, Comme Il Faut in Tel-Aviv.
These are the girls that are Now there, i really hope they will sell well, i need the money AND i need assurances to know WTF i’m doing. honestly, i just want to sew dresses without the dolls, i love making the outfits. BTW they are now semi-articulated. I moved from molds to 3d print and i keep improving their designs to, hopefully get to total articulation!
3. PAINTING! finally. So i got some new sketches and new ideas and i feel like i finally know what i want to paint and how and color schemes and what-not. Now everything clicks. You probably know i create a digital sketch and then paint it in oils:
My hand always creates this unrealistic sharp styling and it’s always a bit illustrative, i like it, do you?
My next one is “Dreaming” (digital sketch)
i just made the base so there’s still nothing to see. This is, hopefully, how it will come out eventually. I think i’ll go a bit more Bunny than fox on those Fennecs, i think i’ll decide when and what when i’ll paint it. I also want to learn classic painting techniques, i’m serious when i say that i’m still technically not good enough, there shouldn’t be a reason why i can paint digitally like that and not in oils.
4. I signed a contract with a hotel in Tel-Aviv called “The Diaghilev” which i can’t find a proper picture of the hotel so i’m putting an Alice one. but it’s a boutique hotel and my paints will be merged with the rooms and lobby. it can potentially be a good income OR NOT.
5. Nuerva, My art book didn’t happen this time around but it’s OK. now i’m trying to fish out a publishing company, hopefully one of them will say yes and i’ll get a book deal. If not i’ll self-publish it myself BUT i’ll separate it into 3 parts and make it a lot more modest size-wise and probably hire someone professional beforehand. So this is definitely going to happen, it’s just a matter of When and How. my book is fucking amazing and i can, potentially add even more art to it if i have the time, or make revisions, whatever.
6. Randoms: i had two projects that were suppose to happen but got cancelled. the first was to create a lobby in Barcelona for an israeli company that makes Escape rooms, the deal was off once i heard the words “Volunteer” and “Exposure”. The second was a mobile game i wrote a while ago, the other guy as much as i love him just didn’t put the hours. But i AM helping in a project for/with a friend i wrote about, Nona Chalant. It’s called Club Kids, i can’t say more than that right now but it’s Nona’s project, i’ll be able to show stuff from it When i’ll get an OK, we are 4 people on this.
7. this site has been Revamped. Comments are now connected to Facebook! But you can always write me directly to this email. I got a STORE! i got a proper HireMe page and PDFs that show my best work for galleries etc. A grown-up site! HA! and i’m considering to update once a month, i think it’s legit. I always have so much to talk about but i don’t think necessarily you guys want me to spam your email. So unless you say otherwise- i think once a month is cool, i’ll put my new work up, show you some progress and stupid stuff.